Saving Energy @ Home
Everyone knows that global warming is a huge problem today. If we don`t do anything now, we will have huge problems in the future. And you think you are not a part o fit? Well guess again, because you are.
Everyone can use simple methods at home to save energy and therefore save the planet. Here are some simple guidelines on how to save energy at home:
- First we all should turn our electronics off. In many homes the TV, the radio, the computer and many other electronics devises are turned on permanently. Simply turn them off when you leave the house or go to sleep.
- Don`t we all know the situation of doing laundery for just one pair of socks. Consider waiting until you have a full load of laundery, because this will save a lot of energy. And if you have a small load, please program your laundery machine in a way that says that or set it on economy.
- Also in many homes the windows and doors are not really well sealed. Drafty windows and doors waste more than 20 percent of your energy at home. Please consider to doge your drafty windows and doors! You may use weather strips as fillers to close up cracks at window and door frames.
- Insulation is another issue. Insulate your attic and interior walls in order to save energy. More than 75 % of your heat escapes like that and it is a waste of energy.
- Last why don`t you try to buy energy efficient light bulbs. They might be a bit more expensive, but they last longer and you save a lot of energy.
You see saving energy at home is not so difficult. And your conscience feels better because you have taken some measures to help saving the planet.