This Photometry Applet can help you better understanding the dependencies between the different photometric physical quantities
and visualizes their individual impact.
- Luminous Flux in Lumen [lm]
- Illumination in Lux [lx]
- Luminous Intensity in Candela [cd]
Note: For editing a value use the sliders or type in a new value and confirm with enter.
All directly dependent values are updated then and the visualisation updated.
This applet needs at least Java JRE 1.5. If you have an older version, please visit www.java.com/en/download/ and download a newer JRE.
- The luminous flux is visualized over the number of rays.
- So the luminous intensity is the "density" of the rays.
- The Illumination is visualized over the light color (yellow is a weaker illumination, white stronger).
- The calculated area is the area of the imaginary sphere equidistant to the light source, with a constant illumination on itīs surface.
Feedback and helpful suggestions on this Photometric Calculator are always welcome!
Here you find the german version of this photometry applet